Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hiding and Secrets...

Things are definitely changing around this time. I've been sad about not having the time to work on my etsy shop between organizing my room and working full time.

So, the obvious choice to to start a second etsy shop? right?

Well, maybe not, but that's what I'm doing. Tangerined will still exist, and become a home for the brighter, wonkier things I create (uteri + boob earrings will stay with tangerined). The new shop is poppetry. Don't even look for it yet, because it isn't up. It's contents will be a surprise, although I might drop a few hints along the way.

The new job is great. It could only be better if I could manage to work 32 hours a week instead of 40 (which, in actuality is 42.5). Continuing with the theme of information and media-related jobs, I'm now a digitizer for very, very old content. Essentially, I turn pages. ;) It's an amazing job, although a bit tedious at times. I'm allowed to work with and touch precious and priceless materials, printed between 1777 and 1877 (generally). Most are the only known copy. The only down side is not having the time to read the material. The knowledge that I'm working to preserve this information, previously unavailable to the general public, for generations to come really makes it all worth while. (having a steady paycheck in this tumultuous economy doesn't hurt either)

No comments: