Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Job, or why my etsy shop hasn't been updated all week...

So, after over a month of looking I found a job.

Somehow I managed to find something that actually utilizes my experience (bookselling) with my skills (internets!). I'm working for an online book distributor. The main job is entering the books into the system (at a rapid pace!), but my specialty is the wild-goose chases for the mysterious books and creating listings for books that don't exist in the system (gee.. kinda like what I do with my etsy shop!).

It's a little dangerous for me, because I can purchase the books we're listing directly from my employer. OMG BOOKS. I've seen so many that I want already, but I can't buy them all.

I'm hoping that my etsy shop doesn't suffer too much with this new schedule. Right now I'm just trying to adjust to waking up at 5:30 every morning to drive 45 minutes. Soon I'll be moving to an art-friendly location with a much shorter commute. Things will adjust soon. In the meantime, my etsy shop is business as usual, just with fewer listings.

No comments: